Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles
Mission: Rainy River Community College serves its communities by guiding learners to achieve their educational, career, personal, and civic goals.
Vision: Rainy River Community College will inspire learners and their communities to achieve their full potential.
Guiding Principles: The collective "we" used in the guiding principles refers to the faculty, staff, and administrators at Rainy River Community College (RRCC).
- Learner-Focus: We will focus on learners as the primary reason why the College exists. We will continually make decisions from the perspective of "what is best for learners?"
- Teaching and Learning: We will embrace teaching and learning in all forms as the primary way the College serves students.
- Shared Leadership: We will share responsibility with learners and the community to lead and manage the College.
- Cultural Diversity: We will recognize the diverse experiences, cultural/ethnic backgrounds, opinions, beliefs, and worldviews of different peoples.
- Continuous Improvement: We, along with learners and the community, will use the Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP) framework to evaluate and continuously improve the College's programs, services, and processes.
- Stewardship: We will oversee and demonstrate openly the wise and efficient use of the College's resources.