Rainy River Community College (RRCC) will act as a proctoring location for students enrolled in distance education course(s) from other accredited, degree granting colleges.
- A reasonably quiet environment. Exams are proctored in a small study lab, computer lab, or library.
- Reasonable monitoring during exams. The proctor is not able to provide one-on-one monitoring.
- Confidentiality of student exam information.
- Access to RRCC network for taking an exam only. RRCC does not have lock-down browsers installed on our computers.
- Reasonably prompt return of completed exam to instructor.
- Read and comply with guidelines specified in this document. RRCC is willing to provide this service to you and in the interest of staff efficiency and test integrity; we appreciate your compliance with the guidelines.
- Provide a copy of this document to your instructor and/or any departments at the credit-issuing college that are involved with continuing studies or proctoring responsibilities.
- Understand that you and/or your instructor are responsible for initiating and confirming communications to establish proctoring prior to scheduling an exam and for ongoing communications on your progress, test availability, access problems, etc. Students will need to call or email on their own.
- Proctor contact may request a copy of your current semester registration, which should provide the student’s name and the name of the accredited college or university that is offering the credit-based course.
- Provide photo identification when requested by RRCC proctor. Schedule all exams in advance. Preferred method for scheduling is email. RRCC proctor hours are subject to change; the college is not responsible for the unavailability of facility or staff.
- Understand responsibility to schedule adequate time for exams; exams will be stopped at closing time even if not completed.
- Provide addressed envelopes and adequate postage for mailing exams.
- Comply with all Rainy River Community College policies - Student Handbook
- Read and comply with guidelines specified in this document. RRCC is willing to provide this service to you and your student; in the interest staff efficiency and exam integrity, we appreciate your understanding of our proctoring services.
- Provide exam instructions and restrictions that reflect an understanding of the colleges proctoring services.
- Understand that you and/or your student are responsible for communications to establish proctoring, for ongoing communications on student progress, test availability, access problems, etc.
- Understand that the RRCC proctor is not responsible for communication with instructor or student to establish proctoring, for ongoing communications on student progress, test availability, access problems, etc.
- Provide the name of all students pertaining to each correspondence to the RRCC proctor contact.
- $15 per exam of two hours or less, during regularly scheduled test times
- $25 per exam of over two hours, during regularly scheduled test times
- Fees are waived for:
- Students testing for a MnSCU college or university, if testing during regularly scheduled proctor test sessions.
NOTE: Students testing for a MnSCU college or university will be required to pay fees listed above if tests are requested outside the regularly scheduled proctor test sessions.
- RRCC retains the right to refuse or cancel a proctoring request that has excessive time expectations.
- Photo identification is required. Tests will not be released without appropriate identification.
- Students are expected to be on time for their appointment. Missing more than one appointment without proper notification will discontinue your opportunity to have tests proctored at RRCC.
- No food or drink is allowed in testing room.
- All materials disallowed by the test directions must be left in designated area.
- Cheating is prohibited. In the event of cheating: your test will be taken away from you, you will be asked to leave, and your instructor will be notified of the incident. You may lose testing privileges at RRCC.
- Please schedule all exams in advance of the exam date. Preferred method for scheduling is email.
- If tests are to be returned by mail, please provide addressed envelope and postage.
- When there is a need to use the restroom, the testing center staff must be notified. There are no breaks allowed for lunch or phone calls (unless it is an emergency).
- You are not allowed to leave with the test or test-related materials
For additional information about proctoring services, or to schedule a test, contact the test proctor, Brenda Sueker at firstname.lastname@example.org